Parents who wish their child to be considered for a place at Granby Primary School’s Nursery, should ensure that they place their child’s name on the Nursery List soon after their child’s second birthday. Acceptance is based on availability of places and the following criteria:
- Pupils who are in the care of the Local Authority
- Pupils who are on the list of children subject to child protection plans and need to attend an alternative school to avoid the abuser
- Pupils who live in the priority area of the school
- Pupils who have siblings already attending the same school
- Pupils living in the area of a closed school
- Pupils whose parents base their application on religious convictions
- Children of parents/carers fleeing domestic violence (subject to verification by a senior social worker or current City Council procedures for housing reallocation in cases of recognised domestic violence).
- Pupils who live nearest the school (measured in a straight line).
When you apply for a nursery place you will be asked if you would prefer a morning or afternoon session. Where the requests for a particular session are greater than the places available, priority will be given according to the priorities listed above.
Extended Nursery Provision
We are delighted that we can now offer extended nursery provision for those children who have either a morning or an afternoon place in our nursery. This service will enable parents to drop their child for morning nursery at 8.45am, collecting them at the end of afternoon nursery, at 3.30pm. There are facilities for children to have a nap in our sleep room if needed. The cost for this is £12 per session and children need to bring a packed lunch with them. Please ask at the office for availability.
Admissions to Granby Primary School
Admissions to school (for full-time compulsory schooling from Reception to Year 6) are the responsibility of Leicester City Council which is our Local Authority. For more information please see the Leicester City Council Admissions Policy
Admissions to secondary school