Granby Primary School

loader

Upcoming Events

No events found

SEF

SELF EVALUATION FRAMEWORK (SEF) 2017

Granby Primary School serves the community of Aylestone, to the south of Leicester City. We are a larger than average, state-maintained primary school with 488 pupils currently on roll, 46 of whom attend our Nursery which has just begun offering thirty hour provision. This is an increase of 46 pupils since our last Ofsted inspection, due mainly to the addition of an extra class at the start of 2013-14 [currently in Year 4].

Our average attendance for 2016-17 was 95.7% which is above local authority but just below the national average. Disadvantaged children’s attendance was slightly lower at just 93.7% which contributed to the lower progress and attainment of this group of children and is something the school is continually striving to improve.

The ethnicity of Granby’s catchment area is atypical for Leicester City with 77.1% of our pupils identified as being of White British heritage. The demography of the remaining 22.9% of pupils has recently begun to change with an increasing number of Eastern European – particularly Polish – children joining the school, as well as a number of Italian-speaking children of Black African heritage. This has naturally led to a rise in the number of pupils with English as an Additional Language, although the percentage of EAL within the school is still low at just 10.3%.

16.0% of our population have Special Educational Needs which is broadly in line with the national average. We have seven children with EHCs, one with a Statement and one on a School Contract. Two of the above receive the higher level of additional funding. A further 69 pupils are currently identified as SEN Support. The school’s deprivation indicator places 76% of pupils in quintiles two or three, with 24% falling into quintile one. The percentage of children at Granby in receipt of Pupil Premium funding is significantly lower than the national average at just 19.9%.

Granby pupils typically arrive below national standards and make significant gains as they move through our Foundation Stage, KS1 and on up to Year 6. This is clearly illustrated by the outstanding results achieved in last year’s KS2 SATs where 66% of children reached the expected standard in RWM combined [i.e. 74% in Reading, 83% in Writing and 84% in Maths].

Our Self Evaluation Framework provides us with an opportunity to reflect on the aspects of school life which Ofsted will make judgements upon. You can read the complete SEF here.